Operations Manager, Switzerland
Are you a passionate freight forwarder looking to accelerate Sea Freight operations in a dynamic international freight forwarding company? We are searching for a proactive Operations Manager to join our team in Basel, Switzerland.
In this role, you will manage our daily Sea Freight operational activities and work to elevate the overall operational excellence. As the cornerstone of this role, you will ensure the success of our Sea Freight operations, optimizing revenue streams and enhancing customer service and support, while serving as a change agent for the company’s growth and progress.
- Efficiently manage the daily operations of the Sea Freight department.
- Working as part of a small team, cover all aspects of the forwarding process.
- Assign processes and monitor work performance to ensure a high-level of customer satisfaction.
- Challenge and improve ways of working to optimize both internal and customer experiences.
- Manage costs, while supplying high-quality services at competitive prices.
- Ensure compliance with regulations, internal policies, as well as customer-specific practices.
- Establish and maintain positive and mutually beneficial working relationships with carriers, vendors, agents, and service providers.
- Ensure the overall service delivery and quality meet customers’ expectations.
- Proactively troubleshoot and resolve challenges that may impact operational activities.
- Actively engage in handling shipments as needed to ensure operational efficiency.
- Act as Subject Matter Expert and join the Sales Team on occasional customer visits.
- Be also prepared to tackle ad-hoc tasks, respond to urgent duties, and contribute to various projects and assignments as required.
- As the majority of our clients are Swiss based, we would need someone who is fluent in German (C1-C2).
- Also, you would be taking over an apprentice and guiding her throughout her apprenticeship.
This is what we offer:
- An opportunity to make a significant impact and drive operational excellence in a dynamic international company.
- An open and collaborative work environment that values teamwork.
- Flexible working hours and the possibility to work from home from time to time.
- A first-class accident coverage worldwide.
- 25 vacation days.
- Our office in Basel is well accessible by public transport. The train station as well as various trams and buses are a stone’s throw away from us, and we will contribute to your travel costs.
How to apply:
Please submit your CV and relevant certificates outlining your qualifications to Ms. Saranda Berisha, HR Manager Switzerland at email@example.com.
We look forward to receiving your application!